In a year where people relied on their digital lives more than ever before and a dramatic uptick in attacks quickly followed, McAfee’s protection stood strong.
We’re proud to announce several awards from independent third-party labs, which recognized our products, protection, and the people behind them over the course of last year.
Recognized four times over for our people and products
The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards is an annual competition honoring individuals and companies that demonstrate excellence, innovation, and leadership in information security. We were honored with four awards:
- As a company, we were recognized as the Gold Winner for the Best Cybersecurity Company in North America in a business with 5,000 to 9,999 employees.
- For security software, McAfee LiveSafe was presented with the Gold Winner for AntiVirus, which also includes further controls for privacy and identity protection, along with a renewed focus on making it easy for people to protect themselves while learning about security in the process.
- McAfee Secure Home Platform, our connected home security that provides built-in security for all the connected devices in your home, was the Gold Winner for Cybersecurity for Connected Homes in North America.
- Our leadership was recognized as well, with our SVP of Consumer Marketing, Judith Bitterli being named the Silver Winner for the Cybersecurity Marketer of the Year in North America. This award acknowledges her contributions to McAfee’s marketing strategy and growth, along with her “Safer Together” program that offered support to people as they shifted to schooling, telehealth, dating, and job hunting from home during the pandemic.
Awards for McAfee product development and product performance
Further recognition came by way of three independent labs known for their testing and evaluation of security products. Once more, this garnered several honors:
- McAfee was named a winner of SE Labs’ second annual Best Product Development award, which evaluates security solutions by “testing like hackers.” More formally, they base their awards on “a combination of continual public testing, private assessments and feedback from corporate clients who use SE Labs to help choose security products and services.”
- Germany-based AV-Test named McAfee Total Protection the winner for its Windows Best Performance for Home Users category. Likewise, it also scored a perfect 18 out of 18 in categories spanning, Protection, Performance, and Usability in its most recently published testing (for February 2021).
- AV-Comparatives named McAfee Total Protection the Silver Winner for Performance and gave McAfee three Advanced+ and two Advanced Awards in the year’s tests overall, stating that, “Its user interface is clean, modern, and touch-friendly. The program’s status alerts are exemplary.”
Continuous updates keep you protected with the latest advances
As the threat landscape continues to evolve, our products do as well. We’re continually updating them with new features and enhancements, which our subscribers receive as part of automatic product updates. So, if you bought your product one or two years ago, know that you’re still getting the latest award-winning protection with your subscription.
We’d like to acknowledge your part in these awards as well. None of this is possible without the trust you place in us and our products. With the changes in our work, lifestyles, and learning that beset millions of us this past year, your protection and your feeling of security remain our top priority.
With that, as always, thank you for selecting us.
To stay updated on all things McAfee and on top of the latest consumer and mobile security threats, follow @McAfee_Home on Twitter, subscribe to our email, listen to our podcast Hackable?, and ‘Like’ us on Facebook.